This page lists the more important changes and new features in recent versions of Digimizer®. The most recent additions and changes are listed at the top.
- Added a Change image command that allows the use as a measurements template of a digimizer file containing measurements.
- Added the Centroid (geometric center) to the Area tool.
- Added an option to export results in Excel 2007-2010 format (xslx files).
- Several bug fixes and minor improvements.
- Possibility to define a lower and higher threshold value for binarization.
- New in measurements list: Average intensity of blue, green and red channels; and Average hue.
- Several bugfixes and minor improvements.
- Allows calibration of average intensity measurements.
- Several compatibility fixes for Windows 7.
- New New Image from Clipboard command.
- Reset Calibration
- Adjust Colors
- Selective Color Brightness
- Export coordinates of measurement objects
- Set coordinates origin
- Added width and height for the Rectangle measurement tool
- Added length and width for the Area measurement tool
- Export Measurements list as a MedCalc file.
- Improved Thumbnail view of Digimizer Image files (*.dgz) in Windows Explorer
- Improved default calibration settings - see Options
- Several bug fixes
- Support for DICOM files
- Added measurement of average intensity.
- Toolbars have been reorganized into one single toolbar
- Added measurements list feature
- New in View menu:
- Implementation of Online Help (this help file)
- New in View menu:
- New Binary menu:
- New in Tools menu:
- "Lasso" function: when using the path or area tools, the program will "sample" points when you press the Ctrl key whilst moving the mouse.
- Rectangular selection tool: in Select mode, you can select measuring objects by dragging the mouse over the objects.
- Fit line: when 2 or more Marker, Perpendicular Line or Circle objects are selected, a "Fit Line" is available in the context menu (which appears after right-clicking the mosue in the image). The line is fitted using a custom (perpendicular) regression method. The angle is reported with 95% CI. For Circle objects the center is used, and for Perpendicular Line objects the middle point of the perpendicular line is used in the regression procedure.
- New in File menu:
- Save: save the image in Digimizer native format (file extension .dgz)
- Save as: save the image in Digimizer native format, or in JPG, GIF, PNG or TIFF format.
- Select Source: select scanner (if available)
- Acquire Image: acquire image from scanner (if available)
- Print: Print image
- New in Edit menu:
- Undo: multi-level Undo
- New in Format menu:
- Resize: resize image
- New in Image menu:
- Background Correction: corrects image defects caused by uneven illumination (e.g. in microscopy)
- Despeckle: Removes noise from images without blurring edges
- Convert to Grayscale: Converts the image to a grayscale image
- Invert: Creates a negative of the image
- Negative: Inverts selected colors
- Sharpen: Aplies a sharpen filter to the image
- Filters: several filters (experimental - some of these may be removed in future versions of Digimizer)